Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Servant Song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_wMO5KxeAI

We sing this song occasionally at our church and it's one of my favorites. So, I thought I'd share it will all of you! I always think of it in the context of marriage, but I think it's intended for all of human kind.

I had a nice birthday. Thank you for all of your birthday blessings!

Now, I'm getting ready for Safina's birthday. She's really excited about it this year. I think she is starting to understand the meaning behind her special day. She has even got specific about what kind of cake she wants. At first she just wanted an ice cream cake, then she wanted a monkey ice cream cake, then she wanted a red, monkey ice cream cake. And, now hopefully she's settled on a red and pink monkey ice cream cake. it gets more elaborate as her birthday nears.

We'll have a fun celebration for her with all of her friends. She LOVES to paint. So, I was planning on having a painting party. I've asked parents to dress their kids in already stained clothes, even though the paint is washable. Since it's autumn I thought we could be creative with the hundreds of leaves that are falling all around our house. And, 3 seems to be the age when kids start to draw more realistic drawings. So, I plan to outline each child's body on paper and then they can paint with brushes, their fingers or use leaves to stamp on their outline. I hope it goes over well with all of her friends.

So, I've been preparing for that, cooking and freezing food so that I won't be so rushed next week.

Both Serena and Safina have colds this week. Serena was just miserable last night, but I'm hoping that was the worst of it. She's such a sweetheart, both of the girls are. Serena has reached the social anxiety stage already and it is very strong. She doesn't like being held by others, even those she sees on a regular basis. The crying starts softly and then continues to escalate until she's in my arms again. It's really the only time this girl ever cries.

Safina has a way with Serena too. And, it's been wonderful to see the bond between them develop. And, Safina seems to be adjusting to her new role as 'big sister' quite well. I took both the girls to an animal petting farm last week with some other friends of ours. And, her little friend Rebekah wasn't listening to her mom, so Safina would run over to Rebekah, take her by the hand and pull her in the direction her mom was calling her.

Ashish and I got our flu shots yesterday. Safina will get hers in a few weeks and Serena is too young to get the flu shot this year. So, hopefully she will be protected as a result of my body creating antibodies. Are you all getting the H1N1 vaccine? There's a lot of debate here about whether to get vaccinated or not for the H1N1 virus.

Anyway, Safina had a fun time talking with Granny a few days ago.

I hope this post finds you all well. The girls are up, so I've gotta run.

Love,
juliana

No comments: