Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Today's links 3/8/2010

Some old stuff, and some new (Matt 13:52)

1. What did Jesus look like?
"Of course no depiction can tell us what Jesus looked like for sure. But the following rendering is undoubtedly closer to reality than the typical rendering by artists and film-makers:"
 (HT: Between two worlds where you will find the reasoning that resulted in that picture)

2. They reached me first.....an interesting account of how an evangelical was 'reached' by a family he was not expecting. I can see something similar happening in the area around my home in Bangalore.

(HT: Z)

(BTW, I'm sure most of us don't have the same opinion on everything. Many times, as here, I post something without really expressing my opinion, in the hope that we could have some meaningful discussion. That would be real fun, but would also cause us to think through what we believe, and help clarify our own position.)

3. How Dads can connect with their daughters....asked a question that I, also, was asking. It does not, however, ask some of my other questions.......What does it mean to be a woman? How is a daughter different from a son? What should I be doing to help Namrata find her purpose and meaning as a woman?

One of the other resources I have been using is "What's the difference?", a free online booklet. Look it up, if you are interested.


4. A Holy Experience is a nice blog that Arpita and I follow quite regularly. Ann Voskamp is a 'farmer's wife' who writes very well, and also takes some excellent photos to make her point. Here is a nice article where she talks about the cornerstones of simple home-schooling.....constant learning, contagious creativity, curiosity, and consistency. Don't miss some of the resources she mentions at the end, of the home-school books they have enjoyed over the past year, along with the "grammatical" videos

5. A nicely-made hilarious video fro Johnny and Chachi that will change your marriage!



(HT: Denny Burk) Visit this link to find 2 more similar videos...

No comments: