Friday, March 12, 2010

Did somebody say being a paediatric surgeon is fun?

I was called over to the pediatric ward to see a child who had developed a painful swelling in the buttock. He had been diagnosed to have leukemia, and started on chemotherapy.

So there I was, squinting at this kid's bottom, and wondering whether to drain this abscess, when he let fly with an expulsive explosion, and, (there's no pleasant way to say this) shat all over my face. There was stuff in my eyebrows, beard, and everywhere else. Fortunately, I had kept my mouth shut......

2 comments:

Juliana Abraham said...

Oh no! That is not pleasant. Being pooped on by a baby seems to be the new norm when you become a parent. But when it's not your child, I'm sure it's a different feeling.

Safina is in a new phase of wanting to be a Pediatrician. Recently, she wanted to be an artist. But, she likes going around with Ashish's stethascope and listening to everyone's heart beat and asking us to take deep breaths. So, you'll have to talk to her about what you do when we see you next or chat on skype!

~juliana

Pradeep said...

Nice! You must get that on video.

Anand today announced that he wanted to be an astronaut and go 'all the way to the moon'