Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Some pearls from Tullian Tchividjian

1. Here's one that had me thinking all through today, as I realised how much importance I place on what people think of me. I am elated when I know people appreciate me, and depressed when they criticise me, or think or speak badly of me.

"Only the gospel can liberate us from our enslaving thirst to control what others think about us."

That is so true. When I realise I am loved as I am, perfectly accepted by one who knows all the truth about me, and values me nevertheless, I am liberated from being enslaved to the opinions of others.

Here are some others....

2. A quote from Martin Luther: Very few Christians take advantage of their position.

3. And another pearl: "Knowing that Jesus has covered my past and secured my future, I am now free to give away my present."

No comments: